From time to time, I will share anecdotes from my life as a father. Remind me to tell you about the time my younger son, about 4 or 5 years old, asked me what was happening in the second before the Big Bang. I am not lying.
This from my older son, when he too was about five years old. We were having a theological conversation on a car trip. He had time to develop this series of related observations.
1. God lives in a church.
2. God is invisible.
3. God is invisible, like a ghost.
4. Actually, God is a ghost.
5. A friendly ghost, however.
6. Like Casper, actually.
7. God is like Casper the Friendly Ghost.
8. God the Friendly Ghost is seated on the armrest in the Camry between the two of us.